Charity Support Pledge
At Just Bee Loved we are committed to doing our bit in helping to raise awareness and reverse the current plight of our bees and their habitats, and supporting wildlife, animal and nature projects.
We also make random donations to a variety of humanitarian and community charitable projects.
Donations for the financial year 2022-2023 included:
- Donated a variety of Bee Hotels to the Community Physics Garden project based in Cardiff. An initiative led by a co-operative partnership between local GPs, the Cardiff & Vale Health Board and EggSeed to support holistic well being in the community. With a dedicated indoor and outdoor growing and congregation space, members of the community can plant and grow fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers.
- Donated £697.60 worth of stock to our local RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) charity shop. The RSPCA works to rescue and treat injured or abused animals (both wildlife and domestic), and operates rehabilitation and rehoming centres around the UK.
- Donation to the DEC Turkey-Syria Earthquake Appeal to cover emergency shelter and food for 2 families. The DEC brings together 15 leading UK charities to raise funds and respond rapidly to global crisis and disasters.
Donations for the financial year 2021-2022 included:
- Donated a Treasure "Bee" Box to the Indee Rose Trust. The Indee Rose Trust is a charity set up to support young children with brain and spinal tumours, and their families during and after treatment. Their "Treasure Box" campaign helps create smiles and amazing memories for these brave little ones. On learning about a young boy who adores bees, we put together a beespoke treasure box filled with comfort soft toys, games & puzzles, arts & crafts and his very own bee hotel. We were extremely honoured to be a small part in helping the Trust to bring a little sunshine into his world.
- Donated Just Bee Loved handmade gifts to the fundraising "Jumblebee" auction event held by the Bumblebee Conservation Trust.
- Donated over £250 worth of stock to our local PDSA (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals) charity shop. The PDSA is a veterinary charity which provides care and treatment to sick and injured animals of people who are on low income.
Donations for the financial years 2019/2020 & 2020/2021 included:
- Supported the Bumblebee Conservation Trust by donating 10% of profits from the sale of over 135 products listed on our shop.
Links to some of the wildlife & bee charities that we love;